This chlorine dioxide set from OX-IT consists of 2 components. It is a sodium chlorite + acid set.
Component 1 is the sodium chlorite solution 25%.
Component 2 is the activator hydrochloric acid 4%.
You can select this set in different quantities and bottle types. You can choose between glass bottles for long storage or break-proof PP bottles for safe use on the move.
Sodium chlorite 25% is an EU quality product. It has no technical or industrial quality. This sodium chlorite is approved for drinking water disinfection. For the production of such, mix the sodium chlorite with the activator hydrochloric acid. The hydrochloric acid provides you with the best results during activation. In addition, no undesirable foreign residues remain after activation. By mixing the two components, chlorine dioxide becomes gas free. Attention! This gas is decisive for the disinfection effect. It should not be inhaled. Immediately after activating the drops, pour the mixture directly into the drinking water. This mixture is then effective against bacteria, viruses, fungi and small parasites.
The activation of both components of the chlorine dioxide set OX-IT takes about 20-30 seconds. However, the time of activation can vary. This depends on the temperature of the liquids. You should generally use one drop of sodium chlorite with one drop of hydrochloric acid per litre of water for disinfection. If there is more bacterial contamination, you can use up to 6 drops per litre of water. If you activate a larger amount of sodium chlorite, you can also use half the acid. More detailed information can be found in the INSTRUCTIONS.
By the way: A 100 ml bottle contains over 2000 drops.
Are you looking for an even simpler solution? Then please have a look at the activated chlorine dioxide solution CDH3000. Chlorine dioxide is a multieffective mineral substance = MMS MMS Set
Use biocidal products with care and always read the label and product information before use.
Hazard and safety information for
Sodium chlorite 25 %:
Attention Danger Contact with acids liberates very toxic gases. Harmful if swallowed. Harmful in contact with skin. Causes severe eye irritation. Harmful by inhalation. Very toxic to aquatic organisms. If medical advice is required, have packaging or label ready. Keep out of the reach of children. Store only in original packaging. Do not breathe dust/fumes/gas/fog/vapour/spray. Wear protective gloves/garments, eye/face protection. If Smell: Immediately call TOXIC INFORMATION CENTER / Doctor. IF TOUCH WITH SKIN (or Hair): Remove contaminated clothing immediately. Wash skin with water or shower. IF IN EYE CONTACT: Rinse gently with water for a few minutes. If possible, remove any contact lenses. Continue rinsing. Keep under lock and key. Disposal of contents/container in accordance with local/national regulations. Further note: Avoid evaporation of water.
Hydrochloric acid 4%:
Attention May be corrosive to metals. Causes skin irritation. Causes severe eye irritation. Contact with eyes: Rinse gently with water for several minutes. Remove existing contact lenses if possible. Continue rinsing. If swallowed: Rinse mouth. Do not induce vomiting. Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. When sodium chlorite 25% and acid are mixed, the biocidal chord dioxide gas is formed. Chlorine dioxide Set Biocide Reg. No.: N-78932
English tags: Chlorine dioxide set, sodium chlorite 25 %, hydrochloric acid 4 %, hcl, activator. WPS1